The chocolate goodness of oreos with the light floral aroma of lavender makes for a winning combo, trust me.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!
There is nothing I love more on a holiday weekend than going on vacation and trying a few flavors at the local ice cream shop. Since it doesn't look like I will be making it to the Cape this Summer, I'm not going to let that decrease my ice cream intake.
Anytime I'm staring at the list of ice cream flavors I am always drawn to the unique flavors, usually the ones others scoff at. I can't help it. If it sounds bizarre, I need to eat it :) (some of my more notable ice cream orders are: habanero, goat cheese and a garlic ice cream)
I love anything lavender and obvi who doesn't like oreos!??! I got the base of this recipe from Broma Bakery and adapted it to suit my unique ice cream needs. I also halved the recipe for a smaller batch and made a few ice cream sandwiches while I was at it.
This is for the floral flavor lovers and chocolate cookie fanatics. I paired these with a chocolate sugar cookie to amp up the chocolate flavor. The key to infusing the lavender flavor is steeping the lavender flowers in the warm heavy cream. This ensures it is strong enough to compete with the chocolate without tasting like a bar of soap.
I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and get to have your own tastes of Summer!
No Churn Lavender Oreo Ice Cream
Fills One 9 inch Pie Dish
1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
7 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tbsp. Dried Lavender Flowers
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp. Kosher Salt
12 Oreos (plus more for topping if desired)
1. Heat heavy cream and lavender leaves in a pot until liquid just begins to steam. Transfer to a container and put in fridge until chilled completely.
2. Strain heavy cream to remove lavender leaves and using an electric mixer, whip until medium peaks form.
3. Using a spatula fold in the condensed milk, vanilla and salt until combined.
4. Using your hands, break up the oreos into large chunks and fold into mixture.
5. Spread mixture into a 9 in cake pan and top with extra oreos if desired.
6. Leave in freezer overnight, then enjoy!